Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 6:

I've mentioned before that I taught a "Dating your husband" class for the Relief Society sisters in my ward. I based the entire class after a marriage book I read, and one of the points that hit me the most was this:

 "Love thy neighbor as thyself"... The most important part of this commandment is that we can't love others if we don't love ourselves. This is a particularly sensitive subject to me, as I have not been happy with the way I have looked since having kids. My grandma has told me (on several different occassions) that I would make a beautiful plus-sized model. For her, this is a compliment. For me, well, I joined weight watchers.

Today (five months after starting the program) I had to take Grayson to an appointment. They weighed him and pointed out that his BMI was a little low, but that just meant that he was going to be "tall and thin like mommy"! That's what she said! No more plus-sized model here!

I'm not telling this story to dig for compliments, but because I feel soooo much better about myself now! I'm happier, more energetic, more confident, etc. And because I like myself, it has improved our marriage so much! So, if there is anything that you don't love about yourself- be it physical, spiritual, etc. There's a chance that it will inhibit you from loving your neighbor! So what are you going to do about it?

That's what we talked about tonight on our brief excursion. Once again, we sneaked into the darkness after the boys were in bed, and walked briskly down the street and back. I love these brief moments I get to share with my husband... I LOVE MY NEIGHBOR!!! :)
(350 steps)

No comments:

Post a Comment