Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 4:

Remember yesterday, how I basked in the beauty of nature?

     Well today, we decided to take the sidewalk through the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park to get to the disc golf course. It was absolutely a beautiful day, and I have never really walked through this park, so I was actually excited for our walk!

    As we pulled into the parking space, I noticed a group of homeless men, resting around the pavillion eating lunch. It made me a bit nervous. Luckily, the sidewalk went in the opposite direction. As we were walking, I noticed something odd in the bushes, so we got closer to investigate. Right there in the park was a Dead Body! Not really, but that's what I was imagining because I watch way too many crime scene shows! Nestled behind the bushes was a ragged old twin mattress that someone had dragged through the park to sleep on! Under the bushes was a collection of more empty alcoholic beverages than I have ever seen! Who ever slept on this mattress, had himself quite a party! Farther down the path under a bench, I actually saw a glass bottle in a paper bag! I've only seen alcohol in paper bags in the movies! I feel like a big-city girl!         

   So yesterday I experienced the beauty of nature, and today I got a park full of alcohol. What a wonderful experience to share with the family!

At least it made for interesting conversation...

and was only 836 steps to get out of that place!

No comments:

Post a Comment