Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 5

Friday night, my husband went on a campout for church... we didn't plan out the day very well. He left for the campout right after a full day of work which is why we missed a sidewalk. My mom and I had a girl's night and here is part of our conversation:


On Fox news, my Mom saw a special about a company which sets up affairs. And if you are wondering what I mean... I mean AFFAIR. They are allowing commercials for this company on public television! Saying if you don't want a divorce, but want to "have some fun", they will set you up with someone!


Isn't that terrifying! What is happening to this world?!? I'm so grateful that we don't have cable, it is sinking lower and lower all the time, but this news has made me realize just how important it is to work on our marriages- CONSTANTLY. I'm so grateful that my husband and I are doing this challenge- even if we don't make a difference for anyone else besides ourselves, I'm so glad!


Now Saturday, we moved into a friend's house. For the next six days, we will be babysitting two boys (one is eight and one is twelve). So you can't blame us for missing the sidewalk on Saturday! (Please don't blame us!) But tonight, after we got all the boys in bed, Barry told me to grab my shoes. We stepped outside and speed-walked to the street sign (very close by and the house never left our sight!), took a picture, and speed-walked back to the house. The whole time, we mimicked those ridiculous speed-walkers and laughed the entire time! It was wonderful.


"Husband and wife have a solemn responsibility to love and care for each other. Husbands and wives- will be held accountable before God for the discharge of these obligations." ~Proclamation to the World~


431 Steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment