Sunday, June 6, 2010

Back on blogging-track

Day 20:
About two weeks ago we received The. Best. News. Ever.

Fun City was re-opening! Let me describe Fun City in five words: go-carts, putt-putting, batting-cages, oh yeah! (A lot of hyphenated words there). It has been my favorite place to go since my parents moved to this dinky little town 6 years ago, and the night I excitedly took my fianceed Barry for his first time, we discovered it was closed. Worst. News. Ever. But now it's open again! The day I heard of its reopening, I knew I had to go putt-putt golfing (my favorite activity in the whole entire world!). So for Day 20, I told Barry we should count the sidewalk surrounding the golf course as our challenge for the day. See what I did there? I used the challenge to manipulate Barry into coughing up the dough to take the fam golfing! It was sooooooooooo fun! And officially my new favorite sidewalk in this town!

Day 21:
Holy Hotness!

This town is ridiculous! 107 degrees! At 6 in the evening! Barry has this application on his Ipod that tells him the weather of any town in the nation. It's so obnoxious to hear how pleasant the weather is up North where we are from. He likes to remind me when it's SWELTERING! But we pushed through the heat to Normandy Street. We decided it was time to take a real walk on a real street's sidewalk. And it was hot. Grayson was beat red by the time we got back to our street, and begging us to carry his scooter the rest of the way home. But every day he says "I wanna walk!" so I guess we aren't abusing him too badly in this heat! If we try to take  a longer walk I'll be the one asking Barry to carry me the rest of the way! SHEESH!

No comments:

Post a Comment